FLEXtraŽ FO, PROFIBUS Optical Hub
The FLEXtra® FO is a PROFIBUS repeater with the capability of expansion by 2 (FLEXtra® FO 650-2) or by 5 (FLEXtra® FO 650-5) optical MPI/PROFIBUS segments.
It translates an electrical MPI/PROFBUS interface into an optical MPI/PROFIBUS interface and vice-versa. The FLEXtra® FO permits transmission rates of 9.6 kbps to 12 Mbps on the PROFIBUS with automatic detection of the baud rate. With its optical signal transmission, it offers complete electrical isolation between the PROFIBUS stations and PROFIBUS sub networks.
A further advantage of the FLEXtra® FO is its being unaffected by EMC influences.
The transmission signals are converted into optical signals by the FLEXtra® FO and are transmitted on the FO line in this way. In addition the flank slope, level and duty cycle. of the signals are regenerated. The FLEXtra® FO is available with 3 different optical interfaces and can therefore also be perfectly combined with existing transmission systems. It is suitable for POF* and PCF* FO.
For the close range up to 65 m, an optical transmission line can be set up very quickly and without great effort using POF*. For longer distances up to 250 m, PCF* FOs can be used. The optical interface of the FLEXtra® FO transmits in the visual range (650 nm red light), which enables initial checking of the optical transmission line without expensive measuring instruments.
The FLEXtra® FO incorporates integrated status LEDs for every segment, for use in diagnosis. These provide a continual status of the busses and the optical interfaces and assist with detailed fault finding. The FLEXtra® FO also has DIP switches for disconnecting all or individual segments. The segments are disconnected but each segment remains separately functional.
• PROFIBUS repeater with 5 optical MPI/PROFIBUS interfaces
• Can perfectly be combined with existing transmission systems
• PROFIBUS baud rate (9.6 kbps to 12 Mbps), autodetect
• Disconnection of all or individual segments possible
• Use in high vulnerable emc areas
• Suitable for POF* and PCF* FO
• Available with 3 different optical interfaces (SMA, BFOC**, Versatile Link***)
• Range: Cable length POF* 65 m
• Range: Cable length PCF* 250 m
• LED display of traffic/bus errors separately for every FO and PROFIBUS segment
* PCF stands for Polymer Cladded Fiber and is equivalent to HCS (HCS is a brand of Ensign-Bickford Optics Company). POF stands for Polymeric Optical Fiber . Connector plugs for the optical connection are not included. These are available from your FO supplier.
** BFOC stands for Bajonett Fiber Optic Connector. This type of connector is function compatible with ST connectors (ST is registered trademark of company AT&T).
*** The Versatile Link connector is function compatible with HP-Simplex/Duplex connectors.